SUNNYSIDE ROAD, COATBRIDGE
Aqula Management Services took over the management of this site after a 2 year battle with Speirs Gumley in June 2021,
We found the site to be run-down and in need of the usual Aquila Attention.
In our first 6 months to 31/12/2021 we have:
- Change of lighting system in 4 of the 9 blocks from old brass fittings to new modern LED Bulkheads with motion activated sensors. We found the existing lighting system was inadequate as it did not have a fire escape lighting system. The blocks that have been changed to date now have motion activated sensors which mean they come on when you approach and move inside the common closes and go off when you go indoors or in the early hours of the morning. In the long-term this will save in the cost of repeatedly changing lightbulbs + it gives extra brightness, better security, saves on energy costs and meets the fire escape standards of the British Standards. This was funded from the contingency fund. We aim to have all close lights replaced within three years.
- Gardening – Our gardener Chris is now employed about the site, Chris has a keen interest in the site, as a co-owner and has been given the task of cutting and pruning the overgrowth we were left with. This process is very much underway, but it will take Chris time to get the shrubbery to the standard we all expect at Aquila.
- Cleaning – We have now switched to a traditional clean on-site. Louise and Lorna, our friendly cleaners have been deep cleaning and improving each close.
- Door entry systems. Some of the systems have been broken. We have been working hard to bring these back online.
- Close electrics. Electric sockets have been added to each close to facilitate the cleaners.
- Other works have included – Rodding blocked drains, stemming the flow of overflows, fixing broken windows, two small roof repairs, purchasing hoovers and cleaning equipment, uplifting rubbish, changing locks to electric cupboards etc.
The previous factor left the site with many problems. Aquila will work tirelessly to remedy these.
The building insurances have been more than halved from Speirs Gumley. We take no commissions; hence the saving is passed onto the owners in the form of a contingency fund + reduced fees.
We currently have 100% of owners paying their site fees.
GAS HEATING INSTALLATIONS
As a factor, we believe in providing each owner with access to grants for home improvements when they become available. Now, we are working with a company called surveys and certificates to bring gas central heating to all our properties in Scotland. We have had several electrically heated flats converted to Gas during 2021. There is no cost to owners make the change other than remedial work i.e., decorating after the system has been installed. One property on-site has already undergone a conversion.
We have discovered that Speirs Gumley have taken little, or no meter readings in over 30 years. We are now working with our newly negotiated supplier to change all meters and disconnect the white meter heaters which are being charged at a high rate, just to heat the corridor area. This is ongoing, due mainly to the lack of speed of the meter installers.
DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR FACTOR?
You woll find Aquila easy going, friendly and informative. Not used to this with your factor? Then change. It’s easy and we will take you through the whole process. We promise, you will not look back